For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
The Senior DevOps Specialist - SKA is a core member of the Square Kilometer Array (SKA) project team and plays a critical role in the software development life cycle. The DevOps Specialist will collaborate with Project Engineers to design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines that support software build, test, and delivery automation. The DevOps Specialist will also work closely with Cyber Security and SecOps to ensure that CI / CD pipelines integrate with code quality and code security static analysis tools as well as open source software vulnerability scanners. The DevOps Specialist will collaborate with the Software Quality Specialist to integrate test automation into the CI / CD pipeline. As a member of the DevOps practice the DevOps Specialist will be expected to contribute to the continuous learning and continuous improvement process to ensure that DevOps processes, practices, and tools evolve and improve to adapt to changing technological and business needs.
- Collaborate with project teams to conceptualize, develop, test, and release software.
- Collaborate with project teams to design and implement CI / CD pipelines.
- Support Software Quality Engineering to enable automated testing of software.
- Support Software Quality Engineering to integrate automated testing with CI / C pipelines.
- Collaborate with IT and Cloud Architecture to implement Infrastructure as Code to enable the automation of infrastructure automation.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security to implement software security policies to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Support IT by contributing to the design and implementation of deployment and monitoring tools to improve operational efficiency.
- As part of the DevOps practice contribute to continuous improvements in DevOps implementation to improve efficiency and reduce risk.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree or combination of education and experience
- 5+ years software development or systems administration experience
- Proficient in
- Docker, Ansible, Terraform and Helm in cloud environments
- Scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Powershell
- Source control tools such as GitLab
- CI / CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis-CI
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
- Understanding of lean/agile development principles
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with monitoring stacks like ELK, Grafana/ Prometheus, or DynaTrace
- Cloud platform certification.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.