For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Manager, Business Capture in our Geointelligence Engineering Team at our Richmond office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs.
The Manager, Business Capture is responsible for developing and executing capture plans and strategies to secure and win new business opportunities that have been identified, in close coordination with the Business Development lead. In this leadership role, you will work with customers to identify the product or capability that best addresses their needs, considering technical and non-technical needs. You will develop competitive solutions that consider all aspects of the opportunities, and you will develop and implement a winning pursuit plan. You will form and manage a pursuit team including members from both technical and non-technical disciplines, and will coordinate team activities to maximize MDA's probability of winning.
The Manager, Business Capture will often manage proposals for specific opportunities, including defining the solution with the technical team, and developing cost estimates and price strategies, while working closely with Business Development personnel to we provide winning proposals that address customer's needs.
In addition to managing pursuits, the Manager, Business Capture will also support negotiating contracts, and defining and executing various long-term strategic initiatives that are fundamental to the growth of the Geointelligence.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develops & executes capture plans and strategies.
- Develops custom solutions, or solutions related to an offering from a portfolio of products.
- Works with customers to identify the product or capability that will best suit their needs, and to define the requirements.
- Manages proposals for specific opportunities, including defining the solution with the technical team, and developing cost estimates and price strategies.
- Work closely with Business Development personnel to ensure competitive and responsive proposals that best meet the customer's needs. Supports negotiation of won opportunities, and ensures a handoff to the program execution team that passes the plan, cost, schedule, and ethos, value proposition, and product goals that were proposed to the Customer.
- Identify and build relationships with potential partners.
- Identify and acquire knowledge about competitors.
- Support marketing initiatives related to MDA including contribution to new brochures, papers, advertising campaigns etc.
- Proactively monitor relevant Institutional sites for notices relating to future business opportunities.
- Manage the end-to-end bidding process.
- Participate in negotiation procedures as required for any successful tenders
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Direct experience in one or more aspects of the Earth Observation value chain.
- Experience in Space Missions.
- Good understanding of Earth Observation data and associated application potential.
- Experience managing complex bid preparation processes.
- Experience in International Business Development.
- Knowledge of Government procurements.
- Understanding of financial aspects of projects, bids and business cases.
- Experience managing external customer relationship.
- Experience using CRM application such as salesforce would be beneficial
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels.
- Capability to think 'outside of the box' to identify innovative and feasible solution/service options.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- At least 7 years of related experience ideally working in one or more high technology organizations.
- Reputation as a winner - demonstrated expertise and success in leading pursuits and proposals
- Experience with different acquisition approaches
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate
- Demonstrated broad, complex strategic thinking capability
- Proven ability to assess competition and other critical factors affecting a pursuit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of financial business models
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused
- Proven ability to analyze information and provide solutions to diverse problems
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold Canadian Secret Clearance and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.