For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Systems Analyst on our Business Systems Team at our Brampton or Montreal office.
Supporting all of MDA's three business areas in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our Corporate team knows from experience that working in a hands-on learning environment enables us to collaborate across disciplines and get the job done. From HR and Finance to IT and Communications, we are all committed to reaching new heights and advancing humanity's place in the universe and here on Earth.
MDA is seeking a Systems Analyst to be part of the Business Systems Team; provides support to the MDA community in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of new and existing systems hosted on premises and third party IaaS/PaaS/SaaS clouds. Experience with Azure cloud platforms. Provides analyst support for all phases of assigned systems development and implementation projects including hands-on application support. As our Systems Analyst, you will:
- Act as a link between IT and non-IT stakeholders to design/implement the appropriate on premises systems or cloud services to solve business problems
- Work closely with managers and end-users to define systems requirements and business goals
- Provide on-call support in support of production systems and support upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing.
- Provide operational support on failures and outages
- Research and implement new technologies by participating in the assessment of tools, software, and technological practices
- Design/implement customized technology solutions and enhancements to existing systems
- Perform cost-benefit analyses for potential computer system upgrades to support purchase decisions
- Assist in the deployment, customization and post-implementation troubleshooting of new systems
- Collaborate and work effectively with other IT support teams to deliver required solution and a positive client experience
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, compute, storage and networking
- Create and maintain requirements specifications
- Design training programs, create documentation and user guides, and deliver training to other Team Members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer/Data Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in IT Systems Administration in an enterprise environment and cloud-based technologies
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and technical skills
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Critical Thinking, Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
- Experience with Azure platform administration
- Experience with ERP, UKG, HR Systems, Time & Attendance Systems. Project Online, SharePoint Online, Salesforce, Banking Systems
- Hands on experience in Soap/Rest API/web service
- Relational Database Experience (SQL Server)
- Programming languages: C# and VB.Net
- Reporting and Business Intelligence platform: Power BI, IBM Cognos, Crystal reports, Microsoft BI (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) or equivalent are a plus
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.