*This role can be located at our Brampton, Halifax, Richmond (BC), or MTL site*
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for an Senior Internal Auditor to join our team. Either you are passionate about Internal Audit or you are a Finance leader that wants to develop your career, come and join us!
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for or will assist in, the planning and professional performance of audit assignments and risk assessments. This will include tests of controls and/or tests of details consisting of, but not limited to: financial audits, IT audits, internal controls, operational performance, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as fraud investigations. The Senior Internal Auditor will work under limited supervision, with autonomy for initiative and independent judgment under the direction of more experienced auditors. The Senior Internal Auditor will need to adhere to all corporate policies and procedures, as well as professional ethical standards.
The Senior Internal Auditor reports directly to the Manager, Internal Audit.
- Performs audit projects and consulting engagements in conformance with auditing procedures and departmental policies within budgeted timeframes.
- Creates or assists in the creation of planning documentation, such as: project budgets, scoping assessments, and audit programs according to department standards.
- Under limited supervision, performs audit procedures, such as: interviews, identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes. Will evaluate current auditing procedures and propose changes as needed.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of drafts of audits or review reports, which include the development of clear, constructive, and actionable recommendations to address risks identified.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Assists with the development of risk based audit plans.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships throughout the company and within the department.
- Performs or assists in performing follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Performs other related work or external audit assistance as assigned by Internal Audit management.
- 3+ years of financial, operational, or compliance audit experience, in an internal audit department.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to identify solutions and make recommendations that effectively address business and control needs.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, control procedures and audit techniques.
- Fundamental understanding of the IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF) and the Code of Ethics.
- The ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines.
- The ability to work independently under general supervision with the ability to show initiative and independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification or is working towards CIA would be an asset.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification would be an asset.
- Some knowledge of IT controls would be an asset.
- Designated CPA (or CPA candidate awaiting designation) would be an asset.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.