For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for an Intermediate Software Engineer in our Geointelligence Department at our Richmond office.
As a Software Engineer, you will join the team designing and building the Ground Segment services for the soon to be launched Canadian Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite that was announced here (https://mda.space/en/article/mda-announces-radarsat-2-continuity-mission/ ).
Specifically, you will be working on the Spacecraft Control and Spacecraft Simulator Subsystem which provides services to translate spacecraft events to telecommands, to command and control the spacecraft, to maintain the orbit of the spacecraft and emulate subsystems of the spacecraft, such as flight software, bus, payload, environment, position and attitude.
- Work on assigned User Stories to design, implement and test services supporting the mission
- Plan, manage and monitor User Stories assigned to more junior developers
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our development processes
- Assigned duties may also include investigation, trade studies, prototyping, performance tuning, testing and documentation
Experience and skills required:
- A University Degree in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- An understanding of modern software architectures, object oriented design, and software design patterns
- Proficient in C++, or Python
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and leverage your experiences and knowledge
- Team player with willingness to learn and desire to contribute
- Experience with Matlab, SIMULUS, or Mapusoft
- Experience using Linux, Jira, Git
- Experience with microservice architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with test automation tools and libraries
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.