For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Systems Engineer (RAMS) Engineer on our Geointelligence team that can be worked at either our Richmond, Ottawa or Halifax office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. As our RAMS Engineer, you will have a knowledge of:
- Reliability predictions (standard distributions - exponential and constant).
- Maintainability theory (Mil-Hdbk-472 or equivalent).
- Reliability modeling (Using PTC Windchill Software).
- Fault/Failure Assessment and Management (i.e., FMEA/FMECA) theory.
- MIL-STD-1388-1A Logistic Support Analysis, GEIS-0007B, or equivalent
- Experience with Sparing Analysis (Poisson distribution).
- Knowledge of Safety Analysis - such as Functional Hazard Assessments, Preliminary System Safety Analyses, System Safety Analyses, Occupational Safety Assessments, Environmental Safety Assessments using recognized industrial, aerospace, and/or military processes and methodologies. (i.e., MIL-STD-882E System Safety)
- In-service Support activities for maintenance and support
- Health Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS)
- Conduct working sessions as required to complete the detailed elaboration of the RAMS and/or integrated logistics support (ILS) engineering solution.
- Lead the preparation, development, and updates to RAMS/ILS plans and artifacts.
- Support the EW Suite as it moves through full system life cycles.
- Represent RAMS/ILS engineering interest at program meetings.
- Reviews plans, schedules, and estimated effort for the RAMS/ILS engineering activities to assure correct levels
- Act as the technical authority for all subcontracted RAMS/ILS engineering work.
- Front-End Analysis:
- Perform Reliability analyses.
- Perform Availability analyses.
- Perform Maintainability Analyses.
- Perform Safety Analyses.
- Logistics Support Analysis (LSA):
- Perform Reliability-Centered Maintenance Analysis and preparation of reports.
- Perform Maintenance Task Analysis and preparation of reports.
- Review testability of equipment and system.
- Prepare Maintenance Plans.
- Perform Spares Analysis and preparation of provisioning documents (Long lead List, recommended spares list, consumable items list
- Participate in provisioning conferences.
- Familiar with Level of Repair Analysis.
- Familiar with Life Cycle Cost/Through Life Cost Analysis.
- Technical Publication Development:
- Prepare system manuals.
- Prepare system part breakdown.
- Participate in Tech Pub Reviews.
- Participate in course training plan(s) reviews.
- Prepare operator/maintainer Training Needs Analyses (TNA).
- Preparation for In-Service Support:
- Prepare In-service Support Statements of Work.
- Prepare In-service Support reports.
- Prepare In-service Support Plans.
- Prepare Disposal Plans.
- Prepare Obsolescence plans
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.