For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Informatica Integration Developer on our Business Systems Team at our Brampton or Montreal office.
Supporting all of MDA's three business areas in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our Corporate team knows from experience that working in a hands-on learning environment enables us to collaborate across disciplines and get the job done. From HR and Finance to IT and Communications, we are all committed to reaching new heights and advancing humanity's place in the universe and here on Earth. As our Informatica Integration Developer, you will:
MDA is seeking an Informatica Integration Developer to be part of the Business Systems Team working to design and develop Data and Application Integrations between existing and new systems hosted on-premise and in third party IaaS/PaaS/SaaS clouds.
- Provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for data initiatives using industry standard ETL tools.
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file using efficient ETL processes.
- Present ETL documentation and designs to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements.
- Provide on-call support in support of Data Integration processes in production and Support Source upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing. Provide operational support on failures and outages.
- Maintain the organization's Informatica Secure Agent servers and services, which includes daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
- Implement new technologies by participating in the assessment of tools, software, and technological practices.
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, compute, storage and networking.
- Design training programs, create documentation and user guides, and deliver training to other Team Members on Informatica functionality.
- Facilitate and/or participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new Informatica Integration initiatives
- Stay on top and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies in data integration
- Provide additional support for other non-Informatica Integration technologies and methods
- Create and maintain requirements specifications, design/mapping specifications and ETL documentation
- Collaborate with other teams, team members and stakeholders
- Provide general Systems Analysis and Design support for other Business Systems activities as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer/Data Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years experience with Informatica IICS Data Integration and Application Integration (experience with Mass Ingestion and Integration Hub also helpful)
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Integrations between Cloud Applications, On-premise Custom and Off-the-Shelf Applications, Data Warehouse, Data Lakes
- Experience with Integrations with ERP, UKG, HR Systems, Timesheet & Attendance Systems. Project Online, SharePoint Online, Salesforce, Banking Systems
- Good understanding and ability to apply various process and Integration Design Patterns
- Hands on experience in Soap/Rest API/web service including hands on experience in building point-to-point integration and building integrations using middleware
- Relational Database Experience (SQL Server) - understanding of Data Modeling Concepts (Dimensional and Normalization), knowledge of OLAP structures, SQL Performance Tuning
- Understanding of different types of storage and working with different kinds of data (structured, unstructured, metrics, logs)
- Experience with other Integration Technologies such as SQL Server Integration Services and Azure Data Factory
- Experience using .Net/C# for Integration Development
- Understanding & Conveying of Data Models and Data Architecture
- Cloud Experience with Azure, AWS, Snowflake
- Critical Thinking, Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.