For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Our ability to attract and retain the best talent available at scale is perhaps the most critical issue facing MDA during this rapid growth phase we are in. Campus recruiting represents our future as we look to bring on the next generation of exceptional talent looking to make an impact in this exciting industry. As a Campus Recruiter, your role will be crucial helping both deliver on existing program needs as well as build our future talent pipeline. You will work closely with the hiring leaders, executives and the rest of the Talent Acquisition team to ensure we are delivering on the needs of our fast paced, high volume campus program.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
Campus Recruiter (2-year contract)
MDA is seeking a Campus Recruiter to join our dynamic Talent Acquisition Team for the next 2 years at a minimum, to support English-speaking sites in Richmond BC, Brampton ON, Ottawa ON and Halifax NS. Someone who is bilingual (French and English) would be ideal as they could also help with our large volume of Quebec coop needs but don't let this dissuade you from applying if you only speak English.
At MDA we are changing the world and the space beyond it. We work with the best engineers and thought leaders in our industry and we are looking to double our business in the next three years. We are on a rocket ship ride and finding great talent is the fuel that makes that rocket soar! If you are a relationship driven and results oriented recruiter who thrives on the ability to make a difference and are not afraid of a fast paced environment, check out this opportunity.
- You will be responsible for attracting, assessing and hiring the right coop and intern candidates in a timely fashion. Specifically:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and colleges across the country and in Texas. Facilitate deeper relationships with MDA's strategic schools.
- Post coop and intern needs at appropriate schools.
- Identify hiring needs and effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of staffing strategies to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
- Evaluate skill level, conduct efficient and professional interview process and drive offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, negotiations and closing of candidates
- Communicate effectively with the hiring manager and interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Share and exchange information with all levels of management.
- Provide a great candidate experience. Promote MDA employer brand. Propose and implement ongoing improvements to recruitment efforts.
- Initiate and lead campus recruiting initiatives such as ambassador programs as well as initiatives to ensure MDA Coop experiences are exceptional for all hires.
- Drive the conversion of Coop students to permanent, full time hires.
- Related post-secondary education and 2-4 years of campus recruiting experience at campus recruiting, preferably in a high-tech environment.
- Technical recruiting experience in the computer and engineering related field and experience networking in the technology industry.
- Communicative team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers and hiring teams through the hiring process.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and provide strong consultative skills throughout the search process.
- Self-directed, persistent and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and follow through is important.
- Proactive, results-oriented, good business sense and strong organizational skills.
- This role is based out of any of our locations including Montreal, Ottawa, Brampton, Richmond BC or Halifax NS. We have a hybrid work from home model where employees work in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and can work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays, events schedule permitting.
- Proficient English language skills required. French language skills would be an asset.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a Controlled Goods clearance as well as a Reliability security clearance is required.
- Some travel may be required to support campus events across Canada.