For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Senior Contracts Specialist on our Contracts team at our Richmond office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. As our Senior Contracts Specialist, you will be a critical member of the Geointelligence Team. The position reports into the Legal Department with the Vice President of GeoIntelligence being a key client/stakeholder. The successful candidate will be responsible for leadership in complex procurements for Projects.
The Senior Contracts Specialist will focus on end-to-end support of subcontracts. Key portfolio activities include: development of procurement strategies, lead and coordinate industry engagement, tender evaluation and negotiation; program dedicated reporting (including risk), claims, and contract change management. The incumbent will oversee multidisciplinary teams in management of subcontractor deliverables by delivering on time, on cost, and on quality in line with projects' requirements. This senior role does not have direct reports.
- Develop Procurement Strategies in conjunction with projects, including assessment of industrial capacity, make/buy decisions, and establish scope and budget for complex 'buys'. Produce a procurement/contracting strategy detailing the procurement commitments for bids and projects. Identify and mobilize multi-disciplinary procurement expertise in all aspects of bids and projects.
- Lead Industry Engagement for Complex Procurements. According to procurement/contracting strategies & project constraints, organize overall for the project the tender evaluation & supplier selection/negotiation process for complex procurements. Interpret and make stakeholders aware of the implications of contractual language and possible flow-down requirements from prime contracts.
- Contract Drafting. Prepares, presents and executes agreement documents covering: contracts, teaming, cooperation, confidentiality, licensing, personal services consulting, and representatives (agency) for both sales and procurements.
- Progress and Reporting. Regularly reports and reviews procurement/contract performance with project and the supply management organization. Keep documented records of commitments made and understandings between the company and its customers, subcontractors or suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to procurement processes. Stay informed and make others aware of the line of business procurement activities, procedures and policies. Ensure that the line of business is cognizant of the requirement to have these agreements properly expressed and executed in a timely manner to protect the interests of MDA. Must be able to apply procedures and standards sensibly.
- Continuous Improvement Advocacy and Management. Continuously align, improve and modernize procurement/contracting practices to improve business performance and customer satisfaction.
- Post-secondary education, including either a technical or business management certificate from a recognized institute of technology or a university degree in the field of accounting, business, science, law or engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in complex procurements/contracts. Experience with Canadian government contracts would be advantageous as well as familiarity with government standard acquisition regulations and standard terms, such as SACC, DFAR, FAR and DEFCON requirements, and export regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that includes effective communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills to operate effectively with all with organizational work experience. Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of a high performing team.
- Ability to collaborate broadly with peers and stakeholders, internally within MDA, and with partners and customers. Must be able to build and maintain professional relationships both within and outside of the engineering disciplines.
- High motivation with a proven ability to adapt quickly in dynamic environments.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems as well as MS Office proficiency.
- Regular travel for business is required.
- All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.