Be part of the next great story in wine!
Firmly rooted in the Okanagan, our Mission Hill Family Estate winery began with an audacious vision - to redefine what's possible for Canadian wine in the eyes of the world. We have a deep commitment to the region, and a relentless passion to produce wines that can stand alongside the best in the world. Our wines are crafted with bold precision and an uncompromising respect for the diverse vineyards and micro-climates here, expressing the extraordinary history that began with one bold dream.
We love what we do. We're all in. It's how we have accomplished great things. Like our amazing products and our brand, we want to tell you the exciting story of our winery, its growth, and our people. We're on an amazing adventure and we want you to help write the next chapter with us. We are building a lasting legacy in the wine industry, and we've only just begun.
This role is based in Kelowna at our Mission Hill winery office and relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate. We love our office and the setting it provides for celebration and collaboration. But we also appreciate the opportunity to work remotely can energize you too, so we do offer flexible arrangements!
As our Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A based at our Mission Hill Family Estate Winery in Kelowna, B.C., your detail-oriented, organized, and analytical skills will result in:
- Providing financial support and guidance to the winery teams
- Providing ongoing analytical support and insights via financial reporting and analysis to various stakeholders
- Preparing accurate and detailed financial forecasts and budgets
- Help enhance financial acumen throughout our dynamic organization
What you'll do:
Monitor Financial Performance
- Responsible for tracking financial performance vs. plan and prior year; adding insights and highlighting risks and opportunities
- Provide advanced analytical support, with timely and accurate reporting of financial performance Develop new reports using Excel or BI, that connect data from multiple sources
- Develop reports in BI tool (Tableau, Qlik, etc.) that can be used to drive management reporting and KPI creation Assist in the preparation and review of financial scenarios for sales, marketing, & operations to drive financial improvements
Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Lead the annual budget process
- Development and ownership of the quarterly forecasting / annual budgeting process
- Drive continued efficiencies within the overall process while driving clear outputs and driving insights
- Ensure continuous business partnering with Finance team to drive efficiencies, improved forecasting, and to provide clarity to business leads
Analytical Tools Application
- Super-user for FP&A financial reporting tools (TM1/BI), working closely with the IT group to create data efficiencies Responsible for advancing and developing financial modeling tools for the FP&A team, driving added efficiencies and insights
What you'll bring:
- Completed Bachelor degree in Finance or a related field
- Minimum 5 years progressive financial analysis experience
- Working towards, or completed, a professional designation required (CPA)
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheets/excel and data reporting tools (ie: Tableau, Qlik, etc)
- Proven ability to lead others, effectively delegate tasks and ensure accuracy and timely delivery of FP&A outputs
- Experience in the beverage industry or CPG industry is desired
- Valid BC Drivers License
Who you are:
- Creative thinker: Able to independently work from a 'blank-page' and leverage experience to create value-add reporting models
- Data storyteller: Ability to translate data into useful information, and communicate key findings to non-finance stakeholders
- Articulate and personable: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and lead others
- Analytical: A detail-oriented, organized, and analytical team player who is eager to learn
- Productive: Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
What we offer:
- Comprehensive paid training and access to extensive wine education
- Monthly Employee Wine Allowance
- Competitive salary
- RRSP matching, DPSP, annual vacation, and more!
- Discounts at the Terrace Restaurant, Events, Experiences, and at our Boutique on gifts and wine
- Free tastings for you and your guests
- The opportunity to work in a "Post Card" setting on our iconic property
Mark Anthony Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in MAG and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact your recruiter.
At MAG, we live by our 5 Core Values every day:
Sense of Urgency
Our business moves fast and so do we. We understand the power of now. We have relentless drive and believe if it can be done, we're the ones who will do it first.
We need to stay real because our brands, our stories and our culture must remain genuine to thrive. When we have the best intentions for all, we create space to be our whole selves and do great things together.
Our lives are complicated enough. So why use 50 words when you can use 5?We thrive in ambiguity and change, but we also know how to translate our goals into simple explanations and actions.
Egos distract us. When we're humble, we're open to listen, take feedback and change direction quickly. We're here for each other, and together we do great things.
We respect and rely on each other. Trust is the backbone of our relationships, and we work hard not to break it. This level of trust allows us to be all-in and take comfort in the support of our teams.