Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Master Data Analyst/Architect to join our Information Systems team in our Richmond, BC headquarters or remote in Canada with the ability to work on Pacific Time. You will be an important member of the Global IT & Systems team that supports business users in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
You will join a cross-functional team of Enterprise Integration and Data experts in the early stages of our corporate Master Data Management journey. You will leverage your extensive experience in Data Governance and Data Management to help guide our team through all stages of our MDM program.
You will be able to rely on prior MDM experience to work with key business stakeholders to document our current Master Data Assets and their related business flows. You will be expected create a well-defined Data Governance model that will help evolve these processes and to better define our sources of truth, ultimately providing cleaner data to downstream systems and processes.
In addition to your advanced technical abilities, you should have a service-oriented attitude, strategic outlook, complete sense of ownership, and a propensity for teamwork and communication as a key member of a high-performing team.
You will create, support, and enhance data models and data flows, allowing Sierra Wireless to make informed business decisions and maintain our competitive advantage. You will collaborate with many departments within our business and will require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business process gaps due to data deficiency and develop cross-functional alignment to define data models, standardize data sets and sources, and govern master data assets and their respective attributes.
- Design and operationalize a cohesive master data management strategy and drive execution by eliminating business silos, establishing standards and processes for data governance, and implementing measures to manage the quality of our data.
- Establish an enterprise data architecture practice and ensure that projects comply with required data architecture activities, improve architectural assets, and are implemented according to stated architectural standards.
- Define measurable metrics, per subject area, to support a robust and successful adoption of our MDM program.
- Provide data domain thought-leadership in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, data quality, matching, survivorship, database design and implementation.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Relevant data management experience including MDM, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Catalogs, Data Governance, Data Quality, and Data Strategy
- Expert knowledge of MDM best practices such as Match/Merge, Enrichment, Trust & Survivorship, and Deduplication
- Ability to create MDM strategies and document requirements, priorities, recommended solutions, and supporting architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing an MDM solution, preferably based on the coexistence model, using one or more leading technology platforms.
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we'd love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website using the "Apply" button below. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.