Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We are looking for a motivated senior backend full-stack engineer seeking to build world class backend cloud services and platforms. The senior engineer will interact within a multi-domain skilled team (embedded software, data integration pipelines, data modeling, REST API, UI design and implementation) all invested in continuously improving the backend services and development process for shipping acclaimed features.
- Work on backend services and data pipelines30
- Implement performant, secure, and functionally and unit tested user interfaces.30
- Provide support to resolve platform and client-facing issues.10
- Review feature designs (requirements, user interaction flows, user interface prototypes), and implementations.30
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Computer science bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Programming best practices (complexity notions, asynchronous and functional programming)
- Unit and functional tests
- DevOps experience regarding continuous integration and deployment tools
- Development tools (Github and Git, Docker, code editors, shell commands)
- Experience with at least one of the following functional languages: Scala, Clojure
- Experience with Bid Data platforms like Databricks
- Experience with Apache Spark
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Computer science master degree or equivalent
- Using and setting up AWS services
- Creation and/or maintenance of open-source libraries
- Experience with AI/ML systems
- Understanding of various database and storage systems. SQL, NoSQL, Timeseries, Document, etc.
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we'd love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website using the "Apply" button below. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.