Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We are currently looking for an Application Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing engineering consultation and technical support to our customers and trusted partners integrating Sierra Wireless WWAN modules and help commercialize a variety of customer platforms. These platforms span from handhelds/notebooks to fixed wireless systems utilizing cutting edge cellular & connectivity technologies including LPWA, 4G LTE & 5G. Scope includes technical leadership in supporting and facilitating all aspects of support and services that customer may need to successfully launch products in their desired markets. This role can be performed remotely or in a hybrid capacity.
- Utilizing your technical and leadership skills, you will lead efforts to resolve complex customer issues.
- As the primary technical liaison with the customer, you will build trust and relationship to ensure excellent customer experience.
- Your well-developed debugging skills combined with creativity not only will allow you to achieve deep understanding of the root cause of complex issues but also consider expeditious solutions with long and short-term goals in mind.
- Your high level of technical competency and forward thinking will allow you to align customer design requirements with Sierra Wireless product feature sets, architect solutions and proposals to meet customer application needs.
- You will have the ability to acquire complete understanding of customer use case, grasp end user application architecture to instill product improvements into development teams.
- Your customer management and communication skills will ensure timely and accurate responses ultimately resulting in satisfactory customer acceptance of technical resolutions.
- You have the capability to utilize & influence various disciplines and cross-functional teams internally to accomplish goals.
- You are an individual who gets great satisfaction to see things through to the end and achieving closure.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as needed (occasionally).
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer software engineering.
- 3+ years of related industry experience in wireless technologies & embedded systems.
- Experienced in embedded Linux is a must, software development using C++ and C programming is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux embedded systems with regards to WWAN connectivity integration and management is a plus.
- Understanding and in-depth knowledge of various wireless technologies LPWA/4G LTE/5G is mandatory.
- Past customer facing & cellular/wireless platform/device design or support experience will help you elevate in this role.
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong capability to initiate collaboration and bring together various engineering disciplines to resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems and associated carrier certification requirements is a plus.
- Previous experience in product design and technology integration is an asset with ability to decipher complex system level issues to specific root causes.
- Good understanding of product development aspects; functional knowledge of hardware and software and RF is an asset.
- Knowledge of Telecom environment, wireless network architecture and IoT solutions is a plus.
- Previous Technical Account Management experience is a plus.
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we'd love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website using the "Apply" button below. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.