Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Human Resources Data Administrator (one-year contract) to join our Human Resources team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily data operations and integrity of our HRIS and Benefits systems. You will maintain and report accurate and timely employee data in human resource and benefits systems, supporting employee onboarding and offboarding activities to provide an excellent employee experience and allow business critical decisions. You will have the opportunity to flourish in a fast-paced HR and Payroll team, delivering exceptional data quality for our global workforce.
You have an excellent eye for detail and a systematic approach to accurate and timely data entry is critical to maintaining multiple systems to create profiles for new hires and employee lifecycle events from onboarding, promotions, salary changes, changes to personal information and terminations and offboarding across our global operations. You are able to work effectively with HRBP and employees to investigate, resolve and update data issues.
- Input and maintain accurate and timely employment data for global employee population in HRIS system. Includes new hire's, terminations, employee changes, etc. Manage and respond to data administration requests in order of receipt and priority.
- Work with payroll and benefits to support accurate and timely benefits data entry for new hires, terminations, and employee changes utilizing various benefits platforms
- Initiate and follow up with Managers and HRBP on employee onboarding/offboarding and training activities.
- Assist with user friendly report generation and data audits in HRIS and other HR systems to inform data driven decisions and data integrity.
- Assist with system updates and testing
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with HRIS platforms to update information and run reports is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and data quality
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and ability to interact with diverse groups
- Strong communication and customer focus, both written and verbal
- Able to problem solve, identify opportunities, prioritize, take initiative, and think through future implications
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a flexible mindset, calm under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven ability to maintain sensitive and highly confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel, Word and Outlook
- 1-2 years HR experience or equivalent
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we'd love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website using the "Apply" button below. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.