Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We are looking for a Chief Engineer, Device Security Architect to join the Product Security Architecture team to review the existing software security practices for AirPrime cellular modules and AirLink gateways and help implement, deploy and measure a balanced software security assurance program with clear measurable steps. Focus will be on the full range of hardware and software development practices from requirements gathering through to construction, verification and deployment, as well as governance of the overall process. You will also work with the Product Security Architecture team to define, develop and promote adoption of strategic corporate security features by the AirPrime and AirLink product teams.
Internally you'll be working cross-functionally with the product teams - product line managers, project managers, development and validation engineers - as well as the certification team and manufacturing. In this role you will also be responsible for interfacing and coordinating activities with security professionals from our customers, mobile operators and penetration testing security firms.
This position can be located in our Richmond, BC headquarters, remote in Canada or remote in the US. Occasional travel to headquarters is required as well as to Sierra Wireless' global engineering and factory locations per demands of the business.
This is a regular, full-time position, where you'll be working in a hybrid environment both from home and at the office (when applicable).
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to define the threat model and resulting security requirements and recommendations for Sierra Wireless devices.
- Oversee design, implementation and testing of security features in Sierra Wireless devices in alignment with overall Sierra Wireless end-to-end product security initiatives.
- Participate in customers meetings to discuss Sierra Wireless' security posture and understand deployment use cases and respective security requirements.
- Work with 3rd parties to perform or supervise vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Work with technology suppliers to ensure they are following best security practices that align with Sierra's product and security requirements.
- Participate, and in some cases lead, security-related incidents and provide thorough remedial solutions and analysis.
- Review existing SSDLC practices of the AirLink and AirPrime teams and reconcile those with Product Security Architecture team SSDLC objectives to produce a roadmap for improvement.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of relevant cybersecurity employment experience (VPN, Cryptography, Role-based user access management etc.)
- Proficiency in software development life cycles (SDLC) such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities either directly or through delegation
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks through to completion
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel to Sierra's global R&D offices
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Programming experience in one or more of Java, C, C++ or Python
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we'd love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website using the "Apply" button below. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.