Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Strategic Account Manager to join our Enterprise Solutions Sales team. This role can be located in our Richmond, BC headquarters or remote in Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales revenue primarily through direct and indirect sales of the Enterprise Solutions hardware (routers & gateways) and Software. Direct contact with the following entities is expected: large end user customers, distributors, OEM's, solution providers, cellular carrier operators, VAR's, and 3rd party systems integrators.
- Outside sales of Enterprise Solutions products & services; direct quota retirement responsibility. Responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing.
- Build and maintain sales funnel of direct and indirect customers (Commercial & Public Sector end user customers, OEM's, etc.); includes prospecting to End User Customers and building prospect lists by leveraging Cellular Operators, Solutions Providers, Marketing leads, as well as Cross BU colleagues
- Work daily with Technical Sales Resources (Field Systems Engineers) to guide their activities in pre-sales support of potential revenue producing opportunities
- Daily interaction and collaboration with indirect channel partners, wireless carriers, and 3rd party solutions providers to build and maintain a strong sales funnel
- Enter all sales opportunities and sales activities into Salesforce.com. Ensure that product and service forecasts and overall sales pipeline is accurate at all times. Capture all significant customer, partner, and carrier interactions. Required information which must be maintained: leads, accounts, contacts, sales activity, and forecasted opportunities. Requires daily data management; designed to foster team collaboration, increase funnel opportunities, drive increased sales revenue, track customer contacts, and provide a reasonable estimate of product needs for manufacturing and operations
- Support appropriate industry trade shows, training events, and speaking engagements as it relates to Enterprise Solutions products and services
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum 4-year college/university degree
- Minimum 5 years of success in related technical solution sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English; public speaking proficiency
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, adhere to established deadlines and perform under pressure
- Maintain a high level of integrity, quality of work standards and service excellence
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Home office experience preferred; ability to work in and utilize a home office while maintaining a strong work ethic, accountability, and high-performance results
- Ability to support up to 70% travel schedule is required
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Strong technical background in IP Networking and Wireless Data Technologies such as LTE, 5G, CBRS, etc.
- Bilingual speaking preferred (English & French)
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we'd love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website using the "Apply" button below. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.