Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Who are you?
Be part of a world-class team that wants to tackle one of the most important challenges of our generation; low cost and high-volume capture of CO2 (gigatons scale). As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing towards technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Svante has been nominated one of the best clean-energy technology companies for future investment with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO2 emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
To support us in achieving our ambitious corporate objectives, we are seeking a highly motivated Invoicing and Funding Claims administer. You will be responsible for creating, recording, and sending out accurate funding claims and invoices to funding partners and customers. You will keep detailed, up-to-date payment records. You will follow up on outstanding payments and resolve any discrepancies that arise. You will prepare non-GAAP financial reports as required to support applications, claims and other reporting requirements.
- Completing documentation to establish new Customer Accounts and setting up in accounting software Microsoft D365 Business Central ("D365")
- Entering Sales Orders in D365
- Preparing monthly and quarterly government funding and project invoices in compliance with various criteria of each funding body
- Preparing sales invoices in accounts receivable module in D365 and forwarding to the appropriate contact or department as required
- Recording customer payments in D365 to ensure accounts are credited correctly
- Monitoring and reviewing outstanding invoices and following up with the appropriate internal or external teams to ensure payment is made
- Ensuring all invoice inquiries are handled quickly and efficiently
- Working with the business development department and program managers to ensure that invoice schedules and procedures are followed
- Assisting as required preparing non-GAAP financial reports to support applications, claims and other reporting requirements using GL data in D365 and other financial data.
- Progressing towards CPA designation
- At least 2 years of experience in accounts receivable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire and ability to work collaboratively with others to accomplish daily goals
- Understanding of basic accounting chart of accounts and theory
- Strong attention to detail to keep accurate accounting entries
- Experience using productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with accounting software, specifically D365 BC an asset
- Solid organizational skills to keep track of invoices
- Great customer service skills to work with various partners
- Knowledge of data entry for record keeping
- General administrative skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process