Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we're on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We're a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that's going to change the world, you've come to the right place.
The Role: IT Support Specialist
Who are you?
Be part of a world-class team that wants to tackle one of the most important challenges of our generation; low cost and high-volume capture of CO2 at gigatons scale. As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing towards technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Svante has been nominated one of the best clean-energy technology company for future investment with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO2 emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
To support us in achieving our ambitious growth objectives, we are seeking a self-motivated, forward-thinking individual who can provide technical support of end users, and manage IT infrastructure. To be successful in this role, you will have a strong communication skill to be the point of contact of IT support, problem-solving skills to understands the needs and help troubleshooting users, and in-depth knowledge of IT to maintain IT infrastructure.
- Svante users.
- Contractors and external parties who works with Svante.
- Hardware and software vendors.
- Finance and Supply Chain team for purchasing and shipping.
- IT support on technical related requests on end users and infrastructure.
- Server administration and maintenance such as Active Directory.
- Network administration and maintenance such as WAN, LAN, firewalls, switches, access points.
- Implementing and supporting on corporate backup system, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Ensuring the security best practices be maintained and enforced during support activities.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, and how-to guides.
- Experience: 2+ years of IT support, 1+ years of server administration, 1+ years of network administration.
- Knowledge: Windows OS and Windows Server OS, Office 365 and SharePoint, Azure services, and other technical knowledge in IT.
- Education: Diploma or Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or an equivalent combination and experience.
- Quick learner with strong individual troubleshooting and collaborative problem resolution skills.
- Very personable with good written and verbal communication and a strong customer service mindset.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.