We're looking for a seasoned recruiter to deliver a high touch, high value sourcing and recruitment service for executive and management leadership positions.
Are you an experienced and savvy senior talent acquisition professional looking for a new opportunity to make a difference? Do you have extensive experience recruiting for a large, unionized organization? Are you experienced at sourcing and attracting candidates for a broad array of positions - from trades to finance to health care to management -and hard to fill competitions? We take pride in having a structured talent acquisition process that is inclusive, fair, and transparent; therefore, attention to detail and work experience within a robust recruitment framework will make you a good fit for this role.
We're looking for a results-focused Talent Acquisition Partnerexperienced in executive and management recruitment to join our team. We value service, integrity, accountability, partnership, and innovation. We bring these values to life every day through our character - we're respectful, caring, fair, knowledgeable, and responsive. Consider joining an extraordinary team that believes in learning together and supporting each other in providing excellence in talent acquisition.
This opportunity will expose you to a variety of areas of the business and provides excellent opportunities for professional development. We do work that impacts people and changes lives. Our health and safety culture is extended to our employees through benefits and programs that promote a healthy, balanced lifestyle including a work-from-home program.
How you'll make a difference: You'll build and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C.
Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from home and occasionally in our Richmond, B.C. office
What you'll do
As a Talent Acquisition Partner, you'll lead the full-cycle recruitment process for clients by:
- Applying your recruitment expertise to ensure an efficient, transparent, effective, and fair recruitment process
- Partnering with the business to understand their talent needs to strategically recruit the best talent
- Partnering with external recruitment agencies to fill executive roles
- Guiding and coaching business leaders through an efficient recruitment process that will result in the hiring of the best available talent while providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Applying your sourcing capabilities and knowledge of the talent market to develop full-cycle recruitment plans for your assigned business units
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment while maximizing your problem-solving and creative-thinking skills
- Foster a collaborative team environment and a strong service-oriented culture that ensures delivery of efficient, quality driven service, while creating an exceptional candidate experience
- Build and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve our organizational recruitment objectives
- Apply strong consulting and coaching skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Bring an innovative mindset to see opportunities for innovation and process improvement
- Lead projects and high-volume recruitment campaigns
Your experience and educational background:
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, communications, marketing, or a related discipline
- A minimum of five years of full cycle recruiting experience, including experience filling executive and management positions within a large, complex organization
- Experience recruiting in a unionized environment is definitely a strong asset
- Experience managing a large portfolio, multiple strategic searches, and client relationships
- Proficiency working with recruiting and people-related tools and systems, including applicant tracking systems, resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and various reporting tools.
- Recruitment experience with trades positions is an asset.
- CPHR designation (or working towards completion) is preferred
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experience that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more: Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.