We are looking for a Statistical Assistant who will be primarily responsible for coordination, planning, development, implementation and maintenance of complete and accurate information bases for statistical reporting and analysis, as well as provision of statistical information to a diverse group of internal and external clients. The position also manages the application of a specialized body of knowledge on coding of injuries.
Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office.
What you'll do
As a Statistical Assistant you will:
- Perform statistical reasoning work involving data collection, computing derived variables via data transformations and manipulations, preparing tailored datasets by creating or combining different datasets, as well as verifying completeness and accuracy of source data
- Design statistical reports, including charts and graphs, from start to finish, meeting the required information and presentation needs, as specified by the client or the team. This includes the layout, format, style and medium; having regard to the intended audience and the reporting frequency
- Assist in the development of analytical frameworks and processes, as well as plan and study designs for research projects
- Ensure compliance with appropriate guidelines and requirements for data reporting and submission
- Ensure correct representation of information. Describe the limitations and characteristics of data without ambiguity by means of complete and clear annotations e.g. title, heading and footnotes etc
- Maintain currency of the standards on coding of injuries, occupations and industries; and the mapping details between an old standard and its new counterpart
- Provide consultation, discusses and clarifies data presentation requirements with clients, both internal and external, by telephone and email or in person
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Actively manage client expectations and relationships with stakeholder groups, meeting deadlines and effectively communicate with them regarding collection and use of data, as well as issues that may impact analysis, reporting and interpretation
- Coordinate and implement procedures to collect data from appropriate sources in a team environment conducive to bringing about the highest quality customer service
- Identify and review inadequacies, as well as initiate direct contact with sources to verify and obtain missing information. Reconcile and resolve discrepancies between data sources (e.g. in different systems) and evaluate the impacts
- Create and process transactions in various systems to ensure that appropriate transfers and updates of information take place on a daily and monthly basis
- Understand system update procedures to analyze and evaluate system design specifications, and recommend effective data management strategies with respect to the quality and volume of data. Document data definitions to support various data requirements, as well as address data issues including creating, updating and cleaning up data records
- Use available tools to extract and analyze data to facilitate the production of statistical data according to specifications
Your background and experience:
- A minimum of 27 months related experience in one or more of the following areas: Certified data analysis, data reporting, data collection, data coding, data management, data administration, and other areas related to collecting, processing, administering or using data to meet specific business objectives
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Extra 4% of your salary in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation from the day you start.
- Once you've worked a certain number of hours (approximately 12 months), you'll switch to getting up to 4 weeks of vacation
- Extensive health care and dental benefits
- Sick leave and long-term disability coverage
Learn more: Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Any additional application materials must be received by email to HR Talent Acquisition (SM) by 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date of the competition.