Are you a detail orientated individual looking for a career in total compensation? We are looking for a People & Culture Advisor-Total Rewards. In this role, you'll provide your experience in human resources, including working with HR systems and job descriptions. You'll join the total rewards team to coordinate the job evaluation process at WorkSafeBC, maintain job descriptions, remit required reports and answer questions from all levels of employees.
This is a temporary position for approximately one year with the possibility to become permanent. We'll be reviewing resumes on a weekly basis, please ensure to apply today!
How you'll make a difference: You'll support and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C.
Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and attend job evaluation meetings for unionized and management positions; record and file minutes, factor scores, and decisions related to specific jobs
- Provide reporting related to compensation, including determining and populating occupational code data, and Statistics Canada reporting
- Maintain job descriptions and complete salary surveys
- Research job profiles and market data on specific positions
- Monitor a shared mailbox and respond to questions regarding salary setting and management policies; may also answer routine benefits questions as a back-up
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Effectively communicate complex information, both verbally and in writing, to various stakeholders
- Research, analyze and conceptualize information to enhance or assist with implementing compensation programs and initiatives
- Assist with multiple projects varying in size to ensure effective delivery and implementation of compensation programs and initiatives
- Collaboratively work with team members and stakeholders on various projects and initiatives
- Attentively review and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Your background and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- A minimum of two years of experience in human resources, compensation, total rewards, or related fields
- Experience with HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft is considered a strong asset
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel, and experience reporting with large data sets
We'll consider equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more about what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.