Zinc8 Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. An expanding market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, microgrid and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed engineering nucleus, Zinc8 is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
Zinc8 is looking for a Mechanical Assembly Technician to help build our novel flow battery technology. Working with the Stack and Packaging Team, this hands-on position will support the assembly of our different subsystems, modules and test systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support mechanical assembly for various groups.
- Assist in pilot product assembly and commissioning.
- Assemble Unistrut frames for test systems.
- Assembly of rotary shaft assemblies.
- Assemble plastic piping systems and bonding plastics.
- Follow drawings and work instructions to build assemblies.
- Occasional fabrication with common shop tools.
- Occasional assembly and maintenance around chemical storage tanks.
- Support inventory management, parts receiving and parts kitting for assembly.
- Update and create assembly procedures.
- Support electrochemical stack assembly.
- Conduct mechanical part inspections.
- Support inventory management and parts shipping and receiving.
- Support disassembly of components that have been immersed in hazardous chemicals.
- Rigorously adhere to safety and environmental procedures for self and fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in relevant program.
- 3 years of experience as Mechanical Technician in a lab environment or R&D environment.
- Ability to work from engineering drawings, BOMs and P&IDs and follow work instructions.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Comfortable with working around hazardous chemicals.
- Computer literacy in Excel and Word.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- A desire to see progress and a positive work attitude.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to solve mechanical assembly problems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Must have a valid BC driver's license.
Desirable Experience and skills:
- Experience assembling shafts and bearing assemblies.
- Experience cutting, drilling, and bonding plastics.
- Experience building plastic pipe and tube assemblies.
- A keen interest in building and fabricating prototypes from various materials.
- Experience with assemblies that use o-rings and gaskets.
- Experience building jigs, fixtures and pressure testing final assemblies
- Experience with parts receiving, part inspections, and inventory control.
- Experience working with hazardous materials and has shown the ability to follow safe work instructions.
We offer a competitive salary with generous benefits. We promote an open and inclusive environment in which our colleagues are encouraged to be creative and resourceful.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc..
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment.