Position: Interaction Designer
Our Sage ACCPAC team in Richmond is looking for an Interaction Designer to join our team in Richmond for a 12 month Maternity Leave contract. Join our dynamic team of designers to create next generation web product in an agile environment. This is a challenging project and at the same time very rewarding as we help form the future direction of our product.
- Create navigation structures and information designs, as well as constructing prototypes, storyboards, and mockups for a medium-sized product (or single product) to effectively communicate designs to Product Management and R&D.
- Understand design and usability issues for one product. Create visual designs for desktop software and Web applications.
- Assist Product Management and feature teams in defining functional interaction requirements specifications.
- Develop mockup/prototype interaction designs, including user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
- Work with Usability Analysts to conduct customer studies of mockups, prototypes and existing interfaces; and iterate designs based on usability test results.
- Adjust usability processes with team lead or manager, as needed. Plan and organize before performing tests or laying out designs.
- Bachelor's degree, Human Factors certificate, or equivalent experience and at least 2+ years of software design experience.
- Experience in product development teams working on UI designs.
- Experience working with user-centered design/human factors specialists preferred.
- Understand design fundamentals including information design, visual design, industry UI standards for desktop and web-based applications, and ease of use best practices.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools, such as Visio, Lucid Spec, Snag It, Expressions, or Photoshop
For more information and to apply, please visit