Hot Job of the Week: Interaction Designer (Sage)
Monday, November 15, 2010
Position: Interaction Designer
Our Sage ACCPAC team in Richmond is looking for an Interaction Designer to join our team in Richmond for a 12 month Maternity Leave contract. Join our dynamic team of designers to create next generation web product in an agile environment. This is a challenging project and at the same time very rewarding as we help form the future direction of our product.
- Create navigation structures and information designs, as well as constructing prototypes, storyboards, and mockups for a medium-sized product (or single product) to effectively communicate designs to Product Management and R&D.
- Understand design and usability issues for one product. Create visual designs for desktop software and Web applications.
- Assist Product Management and feature teams in defining functional interaction requirements specifications.
- Develop mockup/prototype interaction designs, including user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
- Work with Usability Analysts to conduct customer studies of mockups, prototypes and existing interfaces; and iterate designs based on usability test results.
- Adjust usability processes with team lead or manager, as needed. Plan and organize before performing tests or laying out designs.
- Bachelor's degree, Human Factors certificate, or equivalent experience and at least 2+ years of software design experience.
- Experience in product development teams working on UI designs.
- Experience working with user-centered design/human factors specialists preferred.
- Understand design fundamentals including information design, visual design, industry UI standards for desktop and web-based applications, and ease of use best practices.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools, such as Visio, Lucid Spec, Snag It, Expressions, or Photoshop
For more information and to apply, please visit
Richmond, BC (InfoTech)
350 Employees In BC (3000 Total)
Founded: 1981 | Revenues: $100-250 Million
Sage North America offers a portfolio of brands that serve small and midsized companies.