Who are we?
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we're on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We're a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that's going to change the world, you've come to the right place.
The Role: Senior Planner/Scheduler
Purpose of the Role
As a Senior Planner/Scheduler, you will establish cross-discipline relationships within the business group to facilitate planning/scheduling. You will provide planning/scheduling leadership on project teams while advising and counselling in your areas of expertise.
You will prepare schedule risk analysis to forecast schedule contingencies and related cost impacts. You will also support contingency management. You will develop, via a top-down approach, project work plans and schedules that support the project/business group work processes and milestones.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You have 10+ years of Planning / Scheduling experience.
- You have a bachelor's degree in construction management, Engineering, Project Management, or a related technical field.
- You must have current and relevant EPC, Infrastructure and Production experience.
- You have a good understanding of building construction, timelines, and practices.
- You are proficient with scheduling systems spreadsheets, word processing software, databases, and report writers.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications
- You have experience with EVM (Earned Value Management).
- You have an active membership in AACE, PMI, or similar association will consider as an asset.
- If you possess AACE PSP or PMI-SP certification, that would be a plus.
What Success looks like in this role
- You will monitor earned value systems that accurately measure progress and performance.
- You will analyze the data to lead project controls staff and the project team.
- You will actively review and thoroughly understand all aspects of the proposal or project contract.
- You will define, document, and execute the strategy and plan for planning/scheduling activities that supports the overall proposal strategy or project requirements.
- You will update schedules with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, milestones, and completion dates.
- Create and issue Schedule status reports, identify critical path and define corrective actions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.