We are looking for a Coordinator, Office of Fair Practices Commissioner (OFPC) to provide administrative support to the Manager, Board Governance and the Fair Practices Commissioner.
In this role, you'll perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the efficient operation of the Office of the Fair Practices Commissioner (OFPC) and the Office of the Board. You'll also work collaboratively with WorkSafeBC's Fair Practices Office (FPO) to obtain the information required to assist the Fair Practices Commissioner with individual complaints. This role requires you to perform a high level of discretion and tact in handling confidential and sensitive information.
How you'll make a difference: You'll support WorkSafeBC's corporate governance so we can best serve B.C.'s workers and employers.
Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office.
What you'll do
- Assist the Office of the Fair Practices Commissioner on resolving individual complaints or addressing systemic issues of fairness by maintaining files in a case management system and acquiring necessary information
- Maintain a variety of statistical data and reports, and assist in producing the OFPC Annual report and other general reports
- Fulfill statutory requirements of the OPFC pertaining to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requests
- Manage appointments, meetings, and booking meeting rooms
- Coordinate travel arrangements and assist in tracking expenses for the team
- Build and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Display a high degree of integrity and professionalism when handling confidential files and information
- Organize and prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to a variety of groups and individuals
- Meet deadlines in a high-volume, multi-tasking, client-focused environment with a strong attention to detail
- Use discretion, handle confidential and sensitive information, and resolve conflicts
- Adapt, be flexible and learn quickly
Your background and experience
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Teams
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more: Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.